Monday, August 27, 2007

Vacation

After 3 months of moving, traveling, living in suitcases, camps, etc. etc. I'm taking a little vacation. Some good friends from all over are flying into Rome to travel with me. I've been staying at a friend's apartment in Rome for 4 days now. The last of our group arrives tonight and early tomorrow morning we'll head out driving for Salerno. We'll be staying at another friend's apartment in Salerno for a couple of days before driving way south to the Calabria region. We'll be driving along the A3 (interstate), which runs down the western coast of Italy. We have about a 6 1/2 hour drive so we'll be stopping at all the little towns along the coast for some photo shoots and stretch time. The day will end at Reggio Calabria where we hope to have dinner with a couple of my Italian friends. On the 31st we'll take the car ferry over to Sicily and head for Palermo and Taormina. I've never been to Sicily so I am excited to see it and hear some of the dialect I learned at camp. I have had numerous friends from Sicily over the years and they all say you MUST go. On Sept. 2, my 26th birthday woohoo!!, we'll be doing an 8 hour drive back to Salerno. Hopefully we'll get there early enough for a birthday dinner an hang out time. Sept. 3 the day ends back in Roma and the others get ready to head home. Pray for safe travels, lots of fun, and good health as we drive all over. I'll be back in Pisa Sept. 5th ready to start up the fall semester!!!


St. Peter's Cathedral in Roma. This was taken at night through the rows of columns.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Happy Early Birthday!!!
I Love you, Sister Marti! :)
I'm glad to hear that you get to have a little vacay after the crazy summer!
You're my hero!
Morgan :)

So Dark is Europe

30 Days Of Prayer for the Muslim World