Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back In Italy


After a trip home to Mississippi for Christmas, I have returned to Pisa. Things here are pretty slow this time of year so the transition back to life here has been gradual which is good for me. The students are all studying for January and February exams. Classes begin the end of February. This gives me a lot of time to think and process the trip home, my calling to Pisa, the semester ahead and the growth taking place in my life. I would like to have spent more time seeing family and friends while I was home but between traveling, doctors visits, and my grandmother going back into the hospital there just wasn't time. I am thankful for the opportunity just to go home and spend Christmas with my family this year. While I was in America I didn't find too many things that made me say "wow, you know I miss that". Though I do miss taking long drives in the country listening to music. I have been experiencing a lot of personal growth over the last two years that has allowed my family and friends to mean more to me than ever. I see the value of building and maintaining relationships with people. My team here always reminds me that we weren't made to live life alone and thrive in isolation. We were made for community. In light of this growth, community/fellowship with family and friends is what I miss most. I realize more each time I go home that there is a great sacrifice being made to serve overseas. It makes returning to the mission field more difficult emotionally. I find myself longing to do and take part in the everyday things with my family like going to dinner, weekend trips, walmart shopping, etc. I am praying that God will bring about a greater community of ICS(long term laborers) here in Italy and especially Pisa. Amanda and I pray for more single teammates often. Join me in praying that God really would send out more laborers into the sowing and harvesting fields of Italy. I am looking forward to what hte Spring semester will bring us here in Pisa. As time passes and I think through more things I will fill you in on them. Right now I am so tired and have been very sick for 3 days so I think I will go to bed now. More later.

No comments:

So Dark is Europe

30 Days Of Prayer for the Muslim World