Monday, December 03, 2007

Caserta and Language Learning

I left Pisa on Nov. 15th after another brief ER visit. Amanda and I headed for Caserta to spend a few days with friends and do a language immersion. From the moment we arrived I felt at home. I absolutel ylove the community of believers there. They have become like family to me. On that Friday night, we went to prayer at the church then a whole group of the college students and adults went out for pizza. I had such a great time getting to build deeper relationships with the girls over dinner. I love getting to live part of my life with them. I desire for each of these youth to really walk with God for a lifetime and to learn what the true life of a believer looks like. It's not just about knowledge of the Bible or going to church but about being a light for Christ in a country that has strayed far from Christ.
This is me and Mena. She is a single mom with a great son Antonio.
On Saturday we spent time with Mena, one of our many Italian moms. She took us shopping then afterwards we headed back to the church to prepare dinner for after the ministry meeting. This night we learned about all the ministries in the church adn how you could be a part of them. I am amazed at all the things they are involved in. This is very rare in Italy. i had a long talk with the pastor about our work and how much they appreciate us. I thank God for htis partnership withthe church here. Afterwards we enjoyed some yummy pasta fagiolo and then headed out to town with some of the college kids. Once again more time to really invest and live life with these kids who have no one to look to in following Christ. It was a fun but cold night of taking a walk and drinking hot chocolate.

Sunday we went to church where we got to see everyone else we hadn't yet seen. I just love going to church here. Lunch was in typical Italian style. We went to a local rustic restaurant where we proceeded to have a 4 course and 3 hour lunch. I enjoyed getting to meet new people at the church. They are such a blessing in my life. A couple hour nap followed lunch then we headed off to Naples. SO much fun!!! I love Naples. We got a great tour of the city and played games in one of the piazzas. We ate sfoglias just baked and pizza slices later followed by croissants with nutella. Yes we're geting fat. Then we headed back to Caserta at midnight. I thank God every day for the provision of the believers in Caserta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

So Dark is Europe

30 Days Of Prayer for the Muslim World